Where You At?
An Exhibition of Recent Alumnae Artists of Vassar College
November 3 - November 25, 2001
A reception for the artists and the Friends of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center will take place
Saturday, November 17, 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
Please call Bev Doppel at the Friends office, (845) 437-5243, for more information.
Where You At is a group show sponsored by the Friends of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center at Vassar College. The exhibition showcases the work of Vassars recent artist alumnae/i. Artists who graduated from Vassar College between the years of 1991 and 1998 were invited to submit proposals. Artists were encouraged to propose work that expresses where they are in their careers and lives as young artists.
The exhibition is curated by Christopher Drago,
Vassar College class of 1998 and Noe Kidder, Vassar College class
The Williamsburg Art and Historical Center agreed to accept manual labor hours rather than money as payment for the use of their space. Participating artists devoted many hours painting the wood trim in the WAH Centers third floor gallery. The show would not be possible without this generous arrangement.
The Friends of the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center perform the following functions for the Art Center:
- Provide purchase funds enabling the acquisition of works of art.
- Fund Art Center publications of exhibitions and help underwrite the catalogue of the collections.
- Support special exhibitions.
- Sponsor symposia both on and off campus to address specific issues in the fine arts.
- Underwrite pilot projects.
- Organize member study tours throughout the United States of important museums and private collections.
For more information on the Friends,
call Joanne Cuttler at the Friends office, (845) 437-5391,
or visit http://vassar.edu/-fllac/.